We have such talented makers in Lancashire, but we need more opportunities to bring our work to a wider audience.
It began back in November 2015 when I organised a studio group (myself and my neighbouring studios with a few guest artists) 3-day exhibition at Barton Grange Garden Centre in Lancashire. In 2016 this evolved into ‘Handmade in Lancashire’ Art and Craft, with 9 of us – a few of the studios from ‘Creative Roots Studios’, some members from ‘The Art and Craft Guild of Lancashire, plus guest artists – taking part in 2 small pop-up events at the garden centre.
We hope to have another showcase for our work in 2017 and are looking at potential venues.
“what would be an ideal space for a small group of artists and makers to host their pop-up event / exhibition? somewhere our local customers can come and visit us”
- we are Lancashire artists, designer-makers and crafters
- our work is handmade in Lancashire by ourselves
- high quality and standard of our work
- great selection of a variety of arts and crafts
- nicely displayed
- good price range of work on display
- we enjoy meeting and chatting to customers about our art / craft
- more info about each of us
Come along, meet us and help support us by buying local from Lancashire Artists and Makers!
Samantha Rowena Taylor, jewellery artist
Over the years, Samantha has gained valuable experience taking part in many art and craft events, exhibiting with the Art and Craft Guild of Lancashire, organising 3 pop-up events at Barton Grange Garden Centre, plus 10 years of organising and teaching jewellery making classes at venues across Lancashire.